Kel-Volkana - Beyond the Pale
Physical Description: There’s no set appearance for the Skrae. They come from a diverse ancestry. Some may resemble their Volkish brethren in coloring, but often they are of darker hair and eye. Height and weight are normal for the greater Human race.
Society: The Nors term “skrae” means “outsider”. Skrae are descended from the human survivors and communities encountered by the Tabernash descendants after the Unsealing. Most have adopted the Volkish values of family and ancestors.
Alignment and Religion: Kel-Volkana society is Lawful Neutral, but tends towards Good. However, Skrae may be of any alignment. Most Skrae have adopted the Volkish values towards family and ancestors, and most households have a small shrine dedicated to deceased family members. Like all of Kel-Volkana, religion is centered around the Universalist Church and the worship of the Eleven.
Standard Racial Traits
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Skrae gain a +2 racial bonus to any attribute of their choosing.
- Size: Humans are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Base Speed: Humans have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Languages: Skrae begin play speaking Common.
Feat and Skill Racial Traits
- Heart of the Wilderness: Skrae have learned the hard way that only the strong survive. They gain a racial bonus equal to half their character level on Survival checks. They also gain a +5 racial bonus on Constitution checks to stabilize when dying and add half their character level to their Constitution score when determining the negative hit point total necessary to kill them.
- Bonus Feat: Humans select one extra feat at 1st level.
- Skilled: Humans gain an additional skill rank at first level and one additional rank whenever they gain a level.